Premiere Staffing is currently seeking overnight Recovery Coach in the Greenfield Ma Area
This program has 14 beds, low key workplace, direct care level work. Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Sunday through Thurs overnight shift full-time
Sun-Tue Part time overnight
1 years’ experience at a human service agency preferred.
High school diploma
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills,
and computer proficiency including ability to work with email and word processing software.
Must be well organized, able to work independently, follow through with projects, and able to function as a productive member of a treatment team.
Must be able to work flexible schedule, including night and weekends as needed.
Must possess valid driver’s license.
Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, (English/Spanish speaking.)
The Community Behavioral Health Centers (CBHCs) are responsible for providing a full range of client-centered and family-centered services and interventions for mental health, substance use disorders, and co-occurring disorders.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living, including self-care, cooking, recreation, and medication administration and documentation according to individual treatment plans and, for overnight shifts, following program procedures for clients.
Function as an active member of the Treatment Team, on a day-to day basis, in the therapeutic setting including:
- Attending staff meetings
- Charting and reporting on daily records
- Maintaining knowledge of patient’s treatment plan.
- Monitor respite clients, including hourly bed checks and documentation, and provide closer observation as needed.
- Answer and direct crisis telephone calls according to established procedures and as required for program support.
- Attend change of shift meetings when held and provide shift report on client activities and mental status as needed and assigned.
- Respond to clients with behavioral and psychiatric problems if on the overnight shift using On-Call Supervisor and, if required, police intervention.
- Be awake and alert at all times.
- Complete all initial and ongoing credentialing requirements for those hospitals where employee will be providing services including obtaining required vaccinations, tox screens, and safety/health education competencies. (Any necessary vaccinations/x-rays are employee’s responsibility.)
- Attend regular supervision meetings with the Program Manager or his/her designee.
- Make appropriate clinical referrals as part of case management duties. Communicate regularly with family members, significant others, and involved providers in an effort to coordinate care.
- Occasional food shopping and purchasing of supplies when needed for daily program operations.